Monday 2 May 2011

TV: Game of Thrones

EDIT: To those who are viewing my map from google, please check out my blog, you just might like it! Thanks, Jonny.

Today I will be discussing the new HBO series Game of Thrones.

Game of Thrones, a medieval fantasy set in the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, revolves around the seven ruling families, and their fight to hold the Iron Throne, and control of the whole land. 


While the world of GoT has many aspects seen in reality, its world is more akin to worlds like Middle Earth, containing Dragons, Zombies aptly called the White Walkers, intelligent animals, among other architectural and cultural oddities. 


The first season of the TV series is a direct adaptation of the stories within the book series by George R. R. Martin, and the show has already, after showing just the first episode, been bought for at least a second season.

Starring such actors as Sean Bean as Ned Stark, Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister, Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister, Game of Thrones takes the epic film style of Lord of the Rings, the quality of some of the more recent successful adaptations such as The Walking Dead, and combines them into a unique and thrilling series that definitely will be here for years to come.

Sunday 9PM ET


  • Anyone watching Game of Thrones?
  • Any other new series that I should check out?
Let me know!


7 comments:

  1. Hooo interesting, cant wait to watch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably wont be out for a while here :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this show; i wish all seasons were finished so I could have a marathon of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read the books a few times. The story is EPIC

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been watching the show, and enjoyed it enough that I've ended up re-reading the books, which I last read back in 2002 or so.

    The show's been doing a great job with the adaptation, remaining very faithful both to the plot and the characters.

    ReplyDelete